Using the Connect Player? Here is a list of keyboard controls to view your video with ease:
- Left/Right Arrow – Fast Forward or Rewind
- Space Bar – Pauses/Play Video
- Up Arrow – Previous angle/play
- Down Arrow – Next angle/play
- Ctrl+Left/Right – Jump forward or backward 10 seconds
- Shift+Left/Right – Step forward or backward by 1 frame
Don’t want to use the keyboard controls? You can also connect your commando or bluetooth remote to the Connect Player to easily scrub through your video.
Download the FREE Connect Player at: www.dragonflyathletics.com/getconnected
As the collegiate football season has come to a close, we have continually been working on updates and enhancements to our Playbook system. Below are a few updates on some of the new additions:
- Snapshot Feature: Take snapshots of a playbook page with your notes added and send that page to other individuals or groups on your team.
- Fast Reply and Snapshot Index: Quickly review unread snapshots within RoadTrip and reply with your own notes at the click of a button.
For more information about our Playbook system, or to set up a test account contact:
Brandon Wallace: email@example.com
Kassi Price: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out this great video on one of our Playbook clients, the University of Nebraska Football Program. It shows how Mike Nobler and his video staff perform the magic that they do each and every day.
Behind the Scenes: Nebraska Football Video Program
We have added a few new features to our Team Connect Suite that we wanted to share with all of you. These updates and enhancements have been made within DragonFly Connect (Production) and RoadTrip (iPad application) to help you with developing and sharing video and Playbooks with your team.
Note: For all these updates make sure you are on Connect Version 4.0.5002.29541 and RoadTrip Version 2.8.
DragonFly Connect Features
- Copy Pages: You can now copy individual pages from one Playbook to another. This eliminates having to upload pages that already exist within other Playbooks.
- Send Individual Plays: When sending an edit to a Playbook or to BLAST, you will now be prompted whether to send the entire edit or to select particular plays within that edit to send.
DragonFly RoadTrip Features
- Video & Note Indexes: There are now alphabetical note and video indexes for the Playbook. These additions are located where the page and bookmark index currently resides.
- Telestration Auto-Erase: After you pause and telestrate on your video, RoadTrip will now automatically erase your drawings as the video begins to play again. This helps assist telestration during meetings and film review.
We are excited to release the newest update to DragonFly Connect – which now includes a free video player. With the addition of the video player, you can now preview and watch your edits, along with the capability to view your video in the Cloud directly from Connect. This newest version also allows you to access Connect and the Player from Windows 8 tablets like the Surface Pro – giving you a similar experience to RoadTrip on the iPad.
- Free Video Player System
- Can use in place of Windows Media Player, VLC and others
- Simple – Plays and scrubs virtually any video file
- MP4, WMV, MTS, DVD, MOV, AVI, 3GP, Go Pro and all common formats
- Integrates with your Editing System
- Streams or Plays Locally
- On-Screen Play Data Overlay
- Tailored for a Surface Pro and Touchscreen PC
- Coaches USB Remotes and Xbox Remote Compatible for PC
- ikan Elite Remote Compatible for the Tablets
- Great Olympic Sports and Scouting Solution
To download the Connect Player, visit www.dragonflyathletics.com/getconnected. Once Connect is open, you will see a “Player” button in the top left corner. Simply click that button, and the Player will launch (You also have the option to make the DragonFly Connect Player your default video player on your computer in place of Windows Media Player, etc.). Drag and drop virtually any video format in which you can then scrub using your keyboard and/or your Coaches USB Remote and Xbox Remote.
Be sure to check back for more updates on the Connect Player. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Support Team at email@example.com.
Quick system update as the Football Season starts to quickly approach. We have made a few changes to the STORM Notification system this year. If you choose to have your notifications turned on, you can now choose to receive notifications for various tasks such as when a new locker begins to upload or download, when the task is complete, when the task is at 50%, etc.
The biggest change in the system for the upcoming season is that these notifications are handled by our servers rather than your personal STORM machine. This means that you will receive notifications even if your machine is turned off.
Here is a quick example. If another school clicks to download a locker from you, you will get the notification that the download has started. If your STORM computer is off and the transfer doesn’t happen right away, you may not get further notifications. The exception to this is when STORM looks elsewhere on the Network for that locker and downloads it from other sources. When this occurs, you will get notifications on the progress/completion if it is able to do so.
Be sure to update STORM to the latest version to get this notification system update.
The National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) has announced DragonFly Athletics of Tuscaloosa, Ala., as a preferred partner beginning August 1, 2013. The three-year agreement names DragonFly the Preferred Game Film Exchange Partner of the NJCAA. To learn more about the partnership, click the article link below.
DragonFly Athletics, LLC Named Preferred Game Film Exchange Partner of NJCAA
RoadTrip Users…we have something new for you! DragonFly is now introducing a bluetooth remote that is compatible with RoadTrip. Over the past year, we have had a lot of requests for a bluetooth remote and after some testing, we have found a remote that works best with the DragonFly RoadTrip system – the ikan Elite Remote. This remote will enhance your viewing and scrubbing experience on the iPad making it very similar to other professional editing remote experiences. Below you will find instructions on how to set-up and use this Remote with RoadTrip.
ikan Elite Remote Guide
REMINDER: Be sure to update RoadTrip to Version 2.6 for the ikan Elite Remote to work.
If you have any questions, contact our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 256-270-1163.
With the launch of the STORM Remote, we wanted to share some of the FAQs that we have received to help guide you as you begin to use the Remote for the upcoming season.
1. Is the STORM Remote an App?
The STORM Remote is an HTML. To get to the STORM Remote, simply open your browser and type: storm.dragonflyathletics.com.
2. What devices does the STORM Remote work on?
The STORM Remote works on the iPhone, Windows Phones, Androids, Blackberries, iPads and other Tablets, Laptops
3. What web browsers does the STORM Remote work on?
You can access the STORM Remote from any computer’s web browser. Simply open your browser and type storm.dragonflyathletics.com.
4. Can I put the STORM Remote on the Home Page of my Mobile Devices?
Yes, you can “Pin” the webpage to the Home Page on your Mobile Device. Below are some instructions:
For an iPhone/iPad:
- Open the STORM Remote link in your web browser (storm.dragonflyathletics.com)
- Click the button in the bottom center of the screen (Button is a square with an arrow)
- Select “Add to Home Screen”.
For a Windows Phone:
- Open the STORM Remote link in your web browser (storm.dragonflyathletics.com)
- Tap the 3 dots in the lower right to bring up your options
- Select “Pin to Start”
For an Android:
- Bookmark the STORM Remote link in your Android browser (storm.dragonflyathletics.com)
- Touch & hold the screen until a list of options appears, which should include adding apps, widgets, or a shortcut to your screen
- Click that option and in the list your should see “Bookmark” or similar
- Press and drag the Bookmark where you want it on your screen
- You will be asked which Bookmark you want. Select the Bookmark you made for the STORM Remote.
5. Does my STORM Computer have to be on?
Yes and No. To simply view your Lockers, History, Set Permission, Send Invitations, Transfers and Downloads your STORM Computer does not have to be on. However, if you want to use the features like “Send, Download, Convert and Export” you will need your STORM Computer up and running.
6. Do I need to set up My Network?
No. There is no additional Network set-up required to use the STORM Remote. Both STORM and the STORM Remote interact with each other via the DragonFly STORM website.
7. How do “Conversions and Exports” work on the STORM Remote?
When using the Convert and Export functions on the STORM Remote, you must first set up your Paths of where you want to save the Lockers. In STORM, go to Options and Settings and then Set Paths. From there, you will select where you want your conversions and exports saved. When you convert or export from the STORM Remote, they will be saved in that selected location within separate folders for easy navigation and organization.
- In STORM, open Options & Settings
- In the window that opens, you will see a section at the bottom called Remote Access and Defaults
- For Exports, click browse next to the Folder box and set the location you want your Exports to go.
- Follow ‘Step 3’ for Conversions as well.
- You will also see a format drop down. If you enable Automatic Conversions, this is where you will choose what format they will convert to. You do not have to enable Automatic Conversions to use the STORM Remote.
Note: If may take a few minutes for these settings to take affect in the STORM Remote. A message will appear once the set-up is complete.
We are pleased to announce that our new STORM Remote is fully launched. As mentioned in our “Sneak Peek” post, the STORM Remote allows you to control STORM from any mobile device. With the launch, we wanted to give you a quick description of the Remote and what you can expect from it as the season quickly approaches.
To use the STORM Remote, go to storm.dragonflyathletics.com. You will be prompted to then log-in to your STORM Network and choose your STORM computer. Once you have logged in, you now have the ability to control your STORM Network from virtually anywhere.
The four tabs are how you will navigate through the STORM Remote: Lockers, Downloads, Transfer, and Network. Below is a quick description of each section:
- Lockers: View all of your Lockers in your STORM Network. You can also choose what Sport you would like to view if you control more than one in your Network. Lastly, this is where you will be able to “Send, Convert, Export and see the History” of Lockers.
- Downloads: View all of the Downloads within your Network. Additionally, you can “Convert & Export”.
- Transfers: View all of the Transfers within your Network and their details.
- Network: View the Lockers of other Universities. This is where you will be able to “Invite and set-up Permissions” for exchanging video.
The STORM Remote is tested to work on the iPhone, Android, Windows Phone, iPad, Nook, Kindle Fire, all common PC and Mac computers and more. Check back soon for some “FAQs” on the STORM Remote.
If you have any questions, contact our Support Team at email@example.com.