Video tutorial on installing Storm
- Go to dragonflyathletics.com and click on the Log In or Register in the upper right of the page. Choose STORM from the drop down list.
- On the next page, you will need to click Get STORM at the top of the page.
- Depending on your browser, you will be asked to run or save RunSTORM.exe. You should run this. If you save it, make note of where it downloads so you can find it to run it.
- Once you run it, you will be asked for your STORM login credentials.
- Once you log in, the install process will begin. Make sure you grant any permissions, etc. that may appear. If you do not have admin access on your computer, you will need to contact your IT department to assist you.
- Once the installation is complete, you will be asked to choose a nickname which will identify this Storm installation on the network. You will be given some examples to choose from.
- Next, you will be asked where you want your DragonFly Vault. Your DragonFly Vault is where your game film and any game film you download will be stored. Ideally, this should be on a secondary, dedicated local drive with at least 1 to 2 TB of space. When choosing a location, keep in mind that video can take up large amounts of space so you should make sure the drive you choose has plenty of space. We do not recommend you use your C drive for this reason but it can be used if you don’t have other options. Network drives are not supported.
- Once that step is complete, STORM will perform a Network Check to make sure your ports are setup correctly. If any of these fail, you should contact your IT Department as they will be the ones that will need to setup those ports for use with your STORM machine. Please refer to the Network Setup section for more info.
- STORM will finish loading and will begin downloading the latest information from our servers such as catalogs of what other schools have available for download. You should leave STORM up and running to give it time to get this info and to periodically update as new information is available.
- You are now ready to import and share your game film and to start downloading from other schools.
- There will be an icon on your desktop for STORM that you will use to start the program moving forward.